Yay for Friday AND a long weekend at that! I’m heading out-of-town to visit my best friend of 28 years and her gorgeous newborn! I can’t wait to snuggle and get my baby fix!
With Memorial Day weekend, I’ve been thinking about grilling out all week-long. My absolute favorite meal to grill: Chicken Wings! These are to die for!
* 3 pounds chicken wings (18 wings), cut up
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* For the Sauce
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup hot sauce, preferably Frank’s Louisiana Hot Sauce
* 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
* 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
1. Mix together the cayenne, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture all over the chicken wings. Place the wing in the refrigerator until ready to use. (This can be done the night before.)
2. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the rest of the sauce ingredients until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Light a chimney 3/4 full of charcoal. When charcoal is fully lit and covered in gray ash, pour coals out and arrange them on one side of the charcoal grate, keeping the other side empty. Place the wings over the cool side of the grill, cover, and cook until skins are lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Move the wings to the hot side of the grill and continue to cook until the skins have crisped, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the wings to a bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly. Remove wings to a plate and serve hot.
And, since I’m dreaming of summer, this is one drink I could relax with on hot nights. My friend’s husband mixed some up for us last weekend and it was perfection:
*One small can of pineapple juice
*1 1/2 shot of amaretto
*1 1/2 shot of vanilla schnapps
shake and pour over ice
What are your weekend plans? Cheers!