I’m sure by now, you’re all sick of me complaining about my darn injury… I know I am! Today’s post came as quite a surprise! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Elisabeth from The Trail Less Traveled 🙂 It’s an honor just to know that another blogger and reader deems this blog worthy of an award! I started this blog 3 years ago as a way to write out my thoughts and the funny mishaps that seemed to occur on my runs while I was by myself and had no one to share those moments with.
This is kind of “pay it forward” process to bring lesser known/followed blogs to light. It’s a contagious effect where one blog asks and answers questions and then brags about 11 other blogs who must follow the same steps.
So in order to follow through with my nomination I need to do a few things.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog…. DONE!
- Answer 11 questions asked by the nominator
- Post 11 random tidbits about yourself. The inevitability that it will get all kinds of awkward is promising.
- Nominate 11 blogs for the Liebster Award.
- Create 11 new questions for my nominees!
- Don’t forget to include the Liebster Award logo on your post. DONE!
Now for my 11 random things that may make you scratch your head in wonder, laugh, or both.
1. I started running about 8 years ago and I couldn’t finish a 5k without walking.
2. My older siblings used to make do the Van Halen jump off the couch for entertainment when they baby-sat me.
3. I played the piano for 13 years and I swear if I sat a piano today, I wouldn’t have a clue what to do with my fingers on the keys.
4. I had 2 poems published while I was in high school. I was paid for 1 of them, so I can honestly say that I am a “paid author.”
4. I was a News Anchor in Anchorage, AK for 3 years. Yes, that makes me an Anchor from Anchorage.
5. I “lived” in Toulon, France. I used the term “lived” loosely because it was for 6 months while I finished up my French minor.
6. Which brings me to another useless fact. I minored in French. What the heck am I going to do with that??!
7. I was almost arrested in France on a high school trip. My friend and I thought we’d be clever and save money by going through the Metro entrance together and share a Metro ticket, instead of one by one. There was a cop standing right there to witness it. Not smart.
8. I milked a cow in Ireland when I was 13.
9. I am extremely klutzy. Really, it’s a wonder I can run at all. I am constantly tripping over my own feet and walking into my own furniture. The number of bruises on my legs currently has not gone unnoticed by my physical therapist.
10. Michael Jackson’s Thriller video gave me nightmares.
11. My best friend and I watched Drop Dead Fred relentlessly in high school and still call each other a very endearing “Snotface.” Really, it’s out of love. 🙂
Now for my 11 nominees, I hope you will accept the terms and conditions of this award (I don’t think there are any other than to follow than the above stated rules.) Drum roll, please!
Elisabeth sent me the following 11 questions:
- What place have you always wanted to visit? The Greek Islands (I’m kind of obsessed with this…)
- Which is your favorite season? Hmmmm… TOUGH toss up between spring and fall, I can’t choose just one!
- Who do you admire the most? (ie. a parent, a friend, an athlete, a historical figure, etc) My parents- they are such great examples of living a life of grace
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve eaten? (Bonus: would you ever eat it again?) I was a very picky eater as a kid, however, one of my favorite go-to’s was bologna and ketchup. No. I would never eat that again.
- Are you a beach, mountain, farm, or city kind of person? DEFINITELY not a farm gal! I love the beach, but the mountains are gonna win this hands down.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? TRUE fact- I really wanted to be a dancer at Walt Disney World… you know, like in the parades 🙂
- What is you favorite movie? Up Close & Personal
- What do you have on you at all times that you’d never want to forget at home? I stress out when I forget to put my rings back on and leave the house without them.
- Who was your celebrity crush as a kid? I liked Donnie from NKOTB, yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking either
- What is your favorite dessert? DQ Blizzards (and it’s *very* sad I can no longer enjoy them without some nasty consequences 😦 )
- Name a goal you want to accomplish this year: Set a new PR (Pretty Please??)
Ok, now for the 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is the worst first date you’ve ever been on?
2. What is the most embarrassing event to have happened to you on a run or at the gym?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What is your all-time favorite TV show?
5. Dog or Cat?
6. Who is your celebrity husband/wife? (if you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?)
7. What inspires you?
8. What is your biggest accomplishment, to date?
9. What has been your favorite vacation?
10. What is your comfort food?
11. If you could go back in time, who would you want to meet?