This week I am all over indulgent foods! That said, I am a little neurotic when it comes to totally indulging… so here are some healthy twists that get me by :).
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein “Blizzard”– I know (!), right? Too good to be true and it did not disappoint!
- For The Cookie Dough:
- 30g raw cashews
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used hemp, which did make my cookie dough a little on the green side…)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- ⅓ cup pitted dates (soak in hot water for easier blending)
- 30g cacao nibs
- For the ‘Ice Cream’:
- 2 bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 6 ice cubes
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoon natural nut butter of choice(I love nut butters, so I added more)
- Peel bananas and cut into quarters and freeze. (I always have frozen banana chunks in my freezer for smoothies, or ‘ice cream’)
- In a food processor combine cashews, oats, and protein powder. Pulse until almost a flour consistency is achieved.
- Add in the agave or honey and almond milk and pulse a few more times.
- Add in the dates and process until all is well combined and the batter resembles thick sticky paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in cacao nibs.
- With wet hands (very important your hands are wet as this will prevent the cookie dough from sticking, and will roll easier), roll cookie dough into small round balls. Place on a plate or cookie sheet covered with parchment paper (I didn’t have parchment paper, tinfoil worked just fine for me!).
- Batter makes 40 balls.
- Freeze cookie dough balls for at least 3 hours.
- Once banana chunks are frozen you can make the ‘ice cream’.
- In a food processor or blender combine banana, almond milk, ice cubes, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a tupperware and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. (if you leave for longer, and the ice cream is too hard to scoop, just let it thaw on the counter for a bit)
- Once your ‘ice cream’ is thick and scoopable, divide between 2 glasses.
- Add in a couple cookie dough balls to each glass, and enjoy!
I’m not gonna lie here, I came down with one of those nasty summer colds this week that completely knocked me out. I had this “ice cream” for dinner twice and didn’t feel any guilt whatsoever! AND it felt absolutely heavenly on my sore throat!
Another indulgent treat I came across is a new obsession! Mexican Coffee! WHO knew this was so delicious?!?
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee – espresso works best
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar, or to taste
- 2 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- pinch Cayenne pepper, or to taste (I used a little more)
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. milk alternative (I used original almond milk)
Directions: Brew at least 2 cups of your favorite coffee. While it’s brewing, heat milk in a smal saucepan and add in the vanilla, cinnamon, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and Cayenne pepper. Stir repeatedly. Combine spiced milk with coffee and enjoy!
This next one is one that I have yet to try and just came across it on The Dancing Runner’s Blog– I cannot wait to make it! If one thing is clear, I do love any type of nut butter. My favorite treat would be to just sit down with a jar and a spoon. Since that’s not always appropriate (:) ), these Frozen Peanut Butter Bites seem like the next best thing!