Happy Monday! After running a 5K at a hard effort Saturday morning and getting my 14 mile run completed yesterday morning, I was surprised at how awake I was this morning to instruct my 5:30am spin class! This sticky, hot and humid weather must be affecting everyone- class was unusually small and quiet today. Nonetheless, we tackled rolling hills and got our “sweat” on :):
- Warm Up
- Climb; slow and steady
- Rolling hills; lessen tension; pick up pace to double time 1 minute, add in tension, slow down 1 minute; pick up pace to double time 45 seconds, add in tension, slow down 45 seconds, etc.
- Climb; slow and steady; out of the saddle
- Recovery; flat road run
- Rolling hills; same as above
- Climb; steep and heavy!
- Recovery; flat road run; out of the saddle halfway through
- Downhill; lessen tension; race pace entire song
- 1 legged drills; right leg only climb 1 minute; left leg only climb 1 minute; both legs heavy tension 1 minute
- Cool down
My playlist today was a little scattered… it’s a reflection of my state of my lately, which has been more than a little scattered!