I am so excited about this week’s post because I got a new toy for the kitchen! A spiralizer from Williams Sonoma!
This recipe is creamy and has BACON and is even good for you! With the spiralizer, it’s even super fun to make! Enjoy!
Bacon Carbanara Pasta
- 6 Strips of Bacon, cooked, and crispy
- 1 Whole Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 1/2 TBSP Heavy Coconut Milk from a can
- 4 tsp Starch (tapioca, arrowroot or potato)
- 3 Yellow Squash; (spiralized)
- Sliced portabella mushrooms, sauteed
- In a mixing bowl mix together eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, pour in milk and mix in starch. Do not allow to boil, just heat milk through.
- Add milk slowly to egg mixture; whisking constantly; pour back into sauce pan over low heat. Mix until thickened and creamy; set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, make yellow squash into pasta
- Heat oil in a pan and cook squash. The squash will cook up quickly.
- Turn off heat and mix squash, endamame, and mushrooms with Carbanara sauce.
- Sprinkle with bacon.