TGIF! This has been one of the longest weeks ever! I’m not sure exactly why… maybe I’m just feeling a tad bored lately or maybe I’ve got spring fever and would rather spend my days in the sun outside, rather than sitting at a desk… at least I got to run in the afternoon in the glorious sun twice this week! (ok, so 1 afternoon run was on a gray, cloudy day, but at least it felt warmer 🙂 )
This week’s recipe is super quick, super easy, and super delicious- enjoy!
Seared Scallops over Spinach
- Grape Seed Oil
- 6 scallops (I used bacon wrapped scallops from Nueske’s– a Wisconsin favorite!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spinach leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup(s) Vinagre Viejo de Montilla (Spanish Red Wine Vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Heat Grapeseed Oil in a pan and heat over medium high heat. Place scallops into pan, sear on one side for 3-4 minutes, and then turn over and sear for an additional 1-2minutes. Set the scallops aside. Add the spinach and tomatoes into the pan add the Vinagre Viejo de Montilla, lightly season and sauté until tender. To serve lay down a bed of spinach and tomatoes, top with scallops, then drizzle Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil to finish.