- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups parslane
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- garlic scape, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 slices proscuitto, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8-inch pie pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and salt until well-combined.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the parslane. Cover and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until just beginning to wilt.
- Add the parslane and remaining veggies into the pie pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Let the quiche sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut turnips into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil (may consider using higher heat oil to aviod transfat opportunity from breakdown of oil) next coat with salt and pepper.
- Oil aluminum pans with remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place turnip matchsticks on pan and place in oven. set timer for 10 minutes, rotate pan and turnips at 10 minutes. Place back in oven for another 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness, turn on broiler and broil on high for 5 minutes.
**NOTE: These hash browns were PERFECTION!! I served them with the quiche. The hubs and I ate them so fast, I forgot to take a picture before they were all gone!
Summer Chicken & Veggie Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb. cooked chicken (I used part of a rotisserie chicken I picked up at the deli to keep it simple)
- 1 portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 3 sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 Ts Blue Gate Farm Pesto (recipe below)
- Pasta, cooked (I used rice pasta noodles)
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove and place on a plate.
- Add peppers to the pan. Once the peppers begin to soften, add squash.
- Add mushrooms back to pan. Add chicken. Toss ingredients together.
- Mix pesto into pasta.
- Plate the pasta and top with chicken and veggies!
Blue Gate Farm Pesto
- 2 Tbs Sunflower seeds-toasted (can substitute pine nuts)
- 2 cloves Garlic (garlic lovers can add more) green garlic or garlic scapes are also good.
- 2 c. Basil (any variety, a mix is particularly nice)
- ½ c. Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt (if using pre-salted sunflower seeds, can reduce salt amount)
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, fresh grated (not the stuff in the can) *I substituted DF swiss cheese
- Place sunflower seeds and garlic into food processor then pulse several times.
- Add basil and drizzle with half of oil. Pulse several times.
- Add remaining oil, Parmesan cheese and salt if desired.